Description of job: President, Emerald City Jewelers
Related experience, education, etc:
• American Gem Society, Registered Jeweler 2006
• Gemological Institute of America (GIA), Accredited Jewelry Professional, 2005
• Extension courses taken through the GIA include: Platinum Repair, Advanced Stone Setting, Gemstone Identification, Diamond Grading, Colored Gemstone Grading.
• Gem City College, 1980 – courses include jewelry repair and hand engraving
• Iowa State University: Major in Art and Design with emphasis area in Clay, Metal and Wood
• President, Illinois Jewelers Association (2007-present)
• Vice-President, Illinois Jewelers Association (2006-07)
• Secretary-Treasurer, Illinois Jewelers Association (2002-06)
• Director, Illinois Jewelers Association (1997-2002)
• Director, YWCA of Quincy (2001-06)
Really love: Boating
Strongly dislike: Scary movies and staples in the carpet.
Favorite memory: A surprise visit from my family on my 18th birthday
when I was homesick away at college.
Perfect day: 80º summer day fishing off the bank of a Minnesota lake
followed by karaoke and dancing.
Inspiration: I look for the good in everyone I meet.
Favorite book: The Alchemist
Favorite movie: One would think The Wizard of Oz but my real
favorite is The Princess Bride.
Favorite song or album: Me & U by Kenny Chesney
Favorite vacation destination: Anyplace with a beach.
Favorite food(s): I have a real weakness for jalapeno poppers and hot wings.
Favorite holiday: Christmas thru New Year’s Day
Favorite subject when I was in school: Metallurgy
Childhood ambition: To own a bakery.
First job: Hospital kitchen serving and dishes (I applied for a job called Dietitian’s Assistant!)
My friends and family think I’m: Generous
My Motto: If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all.